Chat has become a common way to communicate with friends, family, and now, with businesses. This has led to an increasing use of chat for selling products and services.
What are the reasons for its popularity in sales?
Firstly, chat is a very direct and personal form of communication. Customers can talk to a sales representative in real-time and get immediate answers to their questions. This helps create a trust relationship between the customer and the company.
Secondly, chat is a highly flexible form of communication. Customers can use chat from anywhere and at any time. This makes it a very convenient option for busy customers who don’t have the time to call or visit a physical store.
Thirdly, chat is a highly effective form of communication. Studies have shown that customers who buy through chat are more satisfied with their shopping experience than customers who buy through other means.
What data supports this claim?
A HubSpot study revealed that 82% of customers would prefer to chat with a sales representative than call on the phone.
Additionally, a Forrester Research study revealed that 70% of companies using chat sales have seen an increase in their sales.
How can my company benefit from selling through this channel?
- Build trust with your customers.
- Your chats last over time, providing data to properly segment or follow up on a customer service ticket.
- You have many free chat options available: Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.
- Allows you to cover a larger territory of leads.
- Tools like KB: Smart Chat can increase your sales team’s effectiveness by 4X.
- You can have multiple advisors handling up to 4 chats at once, which is not possible with physical sales.
- In a market like Latin America, where people prefer a conversational approach, you increase the likelihood of a purchase.
In conclusion, the answer to the initial question is that the current consumer is someone who seeks information before making a commercial decision and feels more secure when a person is resolving their doubts or providing extra information in the process.
Also, at least in Latin America, where security issues often arise in sales, people feel more at ease if someone accompanies them during each stage of the sale. Seize this opportunity to sell if you haven’t implemented it yet and don’t lag behind in the trends of the business world.
You might also be interested in:
- “Wow moments,” a secret weapon to drive more sales
- Best Practices You Should Apply in Your Lead Generation Process
- Tips You Need to Read for Your B2B Sales
- Key metrics to analyze in your sales
- Does your company tell memorable stories?
- Do you work remotely? Balance your work and personal life without going crazy in the process
- Why does my company need a public relations plan?
- 10 phrases to start a sales conversation via chat