SMS messages have largely been replaced by messaging apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, and Messenger, as these offer functions and features that text messages do not, such as the ability to send multimedia messages, make voice and video calls, and create chat groups.
However, SMS is still used by many people, especially because it is an affordable, direct, and personal way to communicate.
A text message is opened in 98% of cases, compared to 22% for emails. While SMS is surpassed by WhatsApp, it is an application that should preferably be avoided for sales and marketing communications to prevent overwhelming people.
Therefore, one could say that SMS is in the perfect spot for customer service, sending promotions, and important communications.
In conclusion, despite the decline in the popularity of SMS with the advent of new applications, it remains a relevant medium for these types of messages. Therefore, we do not believe it will disappear soon.
You might also be interested in:
- Free Artificial Intelligence Tools
- WhatsApp Business: How to Use It on My Computer
- Multi-Agent Chat: The Future of Sales and Customer Service
- How to Send Mass Messages on WhatsApp?
- How to Implement Omnichannel Strategy in My Company?
- Why are reviews important for my company?
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday: How to Make the Most of These Dates
- What is the WhatsApp API and How is it Used for Sales?