In 2023, the game-changing year for AI-powered chat systems arrived, altering the way we do things. While we still “Google” questions, there are many we direct to ChatGPT, the first tool we had mass access to, and later, to Google’s Bard, another highly popular option, among many others.
Today, we will focus on these two tools to highlight their advantages and disadvantages in their free versions, providing you with the necessary information to make an informed decision.
|Generates high-quality creative text.
|Provides informative answers with up-to-date, relevant sources from Google.
|Room for Improvement
|May be inaccurate, source unclear, and occasionally repetitive.
|Excellent for information, but less so for creative text.
|Writing text, stories, poems.
|Obtaining information on a specific topic.
Other Points to Consider:
- Transparency of Sources: In ChatGPT, the source of information is unclear, and it is not updated, as its knowledge was last updated in January 2022. Bard, being a product of Google, sources its information from the search engine and provides source information.
- Summarizing Web Content: If you put in a URL to summarize the content of a website, ChatGPT tells you: “My web search and access capability is disabled”. Bard does have this capability.
- Audio Requests: The free version of ChatGPT does not support audio requests, while Bard does.
- Content Restriction: Both tools handle sensitive topics carefully, but Bard has stricter restrictions.
- Response Versions: If you’re not satisfied with a response in ChatGPT, you must rephrase or adjust your prompt or click “regenerate.” Bard provides three options with a single question and allows prompt editing.
- Languages: Both tools can be used in multiple languages, but ChatGPT offers more language options.
After this overview of both tools, the best choice for you will depend on your needs and preferences. If you require a language model that can generate more creative text, ChatGPT is a good option, but be sure to verify the information it provides. On the other hand, if you need a language model that can provide informative answers to questions, Bard is the ideal choice.
We conclude with one last piece of advice: while these tools are very useful and save us time, they do not replace your creativity and authenticity. Use them as a foundation but don’t forget to add your human touch.
You might also be interested in:
- “Wow moments,” a secret weapon to drive more sales
- Best Practices You Should Apply in Your Lead Generation Process
- Tips You Need to Read for Your B2B Sales
- Key metrics to analyze in your sales
- Does your company tell memorable stories?
- Do you work remotely? Balance your work and personal life without going crazy in the process
- Why does my company need a public relations plan?
- 10 phrases to start a sales conversation via chat