We all know WhatsApp, one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world. It has over 2 billion monthly active users, and in Colombia alone, 74% of people use it for making purchases.
While it’s true that WhatsApp or even WhatsApp Business allows us to make sales, there is a better way to scale conversations with your customers and boost your sales results: WhatsApp Business API.
The WhatsApp API is an application programming interface that enables you to integrate WhatsApp’s functions into your applications or services. This makes it easier to send messages, notifications, and automated responses, streamlining the interaction between the company and its customers. It’s worth noting that it supports high levels of traffic, as a mobile phone receiving many messages simultaneously may experience issues.
It’s important to highlight that it’s not a separate software or application, like WhatsApp Business. Among the most common platforms you can connect the WhatsApp API to are marketing solutions, CRM, or, for example, Keybe.
If the WhatsApp open rate is between 80% and 90%, imagine the results you can achieve with the use of the API.
Is the API suitable for any company?
First, you need to know that the API is only available to companies that have been approved by Meta. Medium and large companies are usually approved easily. However, if your company is small, it has enough room to grow with WhatsApp Business.
All industries can access the API except for independent software vendors, gaming and gambling industries, adult content and entertainment, weapons, alcohol and tobacco; supplements and medical drugs.
What are the benefits of using the WhatsApp API?
- It allows for a large volume of messages.
- It enables the integration of chatbots.
- It allows you to connect your WhatsApp line with other digital tools.
- It creates a business profile within WhatsApp.
- It allows you to stay connected without being limited to the use of a mobile phone.
- You can connect sales representatives to the same line.
- It allows you to have a history of all your conversations.
- You can create templates for mass messaging.
The WhatsApp Business API is a powerful tool to reach your customers and generate sales. At Keybe, we integrate with it so that you can sell smartly and empathetically. Additionally, we are official providers for Meta for this messaging service.
You might also be interested in:
- “Wow moments,” a secret weapon to drive more sales
- Best Practices You Should Apply in Your Lead Generation Process
- Tips You Need to Read for Your B2B Sales
- Key metrics to analyze in your sales
- Does your company tell memorable stories?
- Do you work remotely? Balance your work and personal life without going crazy in the process
- Why does my company need a public relations plan?
- 10 phrases to start a sales conversation via chat