If you are starting to sell through WhatsApp Business, as your business grows, you realize the need to be able to send messages massively to your contacts becomes evident. This is because you need to reach more people, and you have less time each time.
But there is a solution for everything, that’s why today we tell you two ways to do it.
If your business isn’t yet too extensive, we introduce you to broadcast lists, a WhatsApp feature that allows you to send messages to a group of contacts at once.
This is useful for communicating important information such as special offers, changes in business hours, or any other relevant updates.
How to create a broadcast list and send messages:
- Open the WhatsApp application and go to Chats.
- Tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Select New broadcast.
- Next, search for or select the contacts you want to add to the list.
- Once you’ve added all the contacts, tap Done.
- Then go to Chats and tap the broadcast list to which you want to send the message.
- Write your message and tap Send. That’s it.
Broadcast lists offer several advantages for businesses, including efficiency, a considerable level of customization, and segmentation. However, they have their downsides, such as the risk of being perceived as spam, and people might raise privacy concerns.
What if my business is larger, and I want to professionalize my communications?
Explore WhatsApp Business API
With this option, you can integrate WhatsApp with your CRM or marketing systems.
To do this, you need to create a WhatsApp developer account and obtain an API key. Once you have your API key, you can use it to integrate WhatsApp with your tool of choice.
After the integration, you can start sending mass messages. For this, you’ll need to create an object containing the message text, recipients, and other relevant data. This process may be somewhat complex, but companies like Keybe are here to handle the process, allowing you to enjoy the results.
Tips for sending mass messages with WhatsApp Business API:
- Obtain customer consent before sending mass messages.
- Keep your messages short and concise.
- Personalize your messages.
- Send messages at the right time. Avoid sending messages late at night or on weekends.
- Monitor your results.
Now that we’ve presented these two options, all you need to do is choose the one that aligns with the size and needs of your company and start staying in touch with your customers.
Keybe is a Meta Business partner and, in addition, it connects with WhatsApp. Feel free to contact us so we can tell you how we can assist you.
You might also be interested in:
- “Wow moments,” a secret weapon to drive more sales
- Best Practices You Should Apply in Your Lead Generation Process
- Tips You Need to Read for Your B2B Sales
- Key metrics to analyze in your sales
- Does your company tell memorable stories?
- Do you work remotely? Balance your work and personal life without going crazy in the process
- Why does my company need a public relations plan?
- 10 phrases to start a sales conversation via chat