A lead is a person who, at some point, provides us with their information, becoming a contact we can follow, segment, and take action to guide them through our sales process.
To capture and nurture them in our database, we employ various marketing strategies, tactics, and actions. The greatest challenge in this process is ensuring that leads are “qualified,” meaning they meet certain requirements to facilitate their conversion. For example, if your lead is a dog owner, and you sell items for cats, you won’t achieve positive results.
Here are some tips to ensure you have both quantity and quality in your lead generation:
- Clearly Define Your Buyer Persona
Understanding who you are addressing will allow you to create relevant content and offers.
- Implement a Lead Qualification Process
This process should determine if a lead is sufficiently qualified to become a customer, making your time and your sales team’s more productive. Factors to consider include the lead’s interest in your product or service, their budget, and their decision-making ability.
- Use Tools to Assist in Qualification
There are many tools available, such as Keybe, that can help you gather information about leads, including their primary, demographic, and personality data. These tools can also help place leads in your sales funnel with KB funnels.
- Align Your Marketing and Sales Teams
Both departments must be involved in the process. Marketing attracts people who will become leads and ensures they move through the funnel. Sales takes the final steps to convert a lead into a customer. Coordination between these departments is crucial to avoid inefficiencies. Your team should also be knowledgeable about lead qualification and your qualification process.
Tools for Lead Generation:
- Downloadable Documents
- Landing Pages
- Social Media
- CTAs (Call to Actions)
- Paid Advertising
- Offline Actions (events, traditional media, street marketing).
In conclusion, consider this reflection: It’s not that you’re not selling; it may be that you’re selling to the wrong people.
Put on your best disguise and tell us how it goes!
You might also be interested in:
- “Wow moments,” a secret weapon to drive more sales
- Best Practices You Should Apply in Your Lead Generation Process
- Tips You Need to Read for Your B2B Sales
- Key metrics to analyze in your sales
- Does your company tell memorable stories?
- Do you work remotely? Balance your work and personal life without going crazy in the process
- Why does my company need a public relations plan?
- 10 phrases to start a sales conversation via chat